onsdag 3. mai 2017

Spring has arrived

Finally spring has arrived  and we've had beautiful sunny weather for a few days now. I assure you, no one is more happy and grateful than us Norwegians when the sun shines and the temperature rises. We forget all about rain, snow and storm and refuse to believe it will ever rain again. In town the outdoor restaurants are filled with happy people taking a pint of beer or a glass of wine in the sun.

Actually it's been almost summer temperatures, I'e even had my bikinitop on, who would have thought last week when it snowed and rained? And my very pale legs has gotten some sun.

Sunglasses and a straw hat has been my most used items this week, and to my surprise I found the coral flats I thought I'd given to charity while searching for a denim skirt I believed I had somewhere. Still searching for that, maybe it's on the attic?


I also received 4 dresses which I ordered online last week. 3 striped ones which I just took one look at and put them back in the bag for returning. Seems like a flattering striped dress is hard for me to find, so if I don't accidently stumble over one I give up the search. I have one option left I want to check out and that is one at H&M.


The 4th dress I simply loved, it's from the Norwegian brand By Timo which amongst our crown princess and Gwyneth Paltrow are big fans. It's a bit on the expensive side, but I'd rather have one pretty dress than 10 ugly ones. I loved everything about it, but I had to admit when I tried it on again that it was a bit on the snug side. It looked like a million dollars, but might not have been that comfortable in the long run. I almost cried when I realised I had to send it back. They didn't have one size up where I bought it, but I found it at the brand shop ByTimo.no. At least I hope it's the same, when I look at it closely it seems a bit different, but cross my fingers and hope it's the same.

Now I'm looking forward to yet another night like this. We have sun until a 21.45 now, and it's only longer for each day in end June it don't go down before about 23.20. Further north they have the midnight sun, but also they have no sun in the winter.

Until next time

Kari

1 kommentar:

  1. Love the coral flats!! Adds a really nice pop of color. And I agree, one beautiful dress that fits and feels amazing is better than 10 ugly ones.

    SvarSlett